Online Event: ENERGY SECURITY CONFERENCE 2020
THEAM: Energy Security Architecture in Post Covid World
Date : September 29th to 30th, 2020
ABOUT ENERGY SECURITY
Energy Security might be defined as the association between national security and the availability of energy resources for internal consumption. Focusing on it, it would not be wrong to say that Energy Security demonstrates several dimensions, which includes: Geo-Political Security, Security of Energy Infrastructure, Self Reliance in Energy Sector, Future Dynamics of pre-COVID World and Cyber Security in the Energy Sector & provide access to relatively cheaper energy which has become essential to the functioning of modern economies. However, the uneven distribution of energy supplies among countries has led to significant polarization along with geopolitical and economical vulnerabilities. International energy relations have contributed to the globalization of the world, leading to prosperity as well as a sense of national vulnerability at the same time. In light of this statement, it can be reiterated that Energy Security is crucial to a country’s security policy and economic development
KEY AREAS OF FOCUS:
- In conversation with the Ministers: Energy Security from a Global Perspective.
- India’s Energy Security : Revisiting, Rethinking, Recasting
- Promotion of Clean Energy Technologies like Hydro, Pump Storage, Solar and Wind Power.
- Geo politics and Geo Economics post COVID-19 era; Global, Regional, National.
- Fossil fuels and Energy Security in post COVID-19 world.
- Towards an Economy based on Cleaner Fuels for Energy Efficiency, Energy Security and Sustainable Future.
- Options to Enhance Energy Security as Import Dependence Mounts.
- Technological innovations for improved Energy Efficiency and reducing Environmental Pollution caused by Power
- Securing energy assets of India in the wake of Emerging Global Threats.
- How do we build Energy Security Architecture in post COVID-19 world.