Counter Terrorism Conference : Analysing 26/11 MUMBAI ATTACK, Date 26th November 2017
On 9th Anniversary of Mumbai terror a ack GCTC successfully organised one day "Counter Terrorism Conference " in association with ICMEI (International Chamber of Media & Entertainment Industry) on 26th November 2017. Sandeep Marwah Chairman ICMEI welcomed all the dignitaries & conference delegates . To pay homage to the Mumbai terror a ack martyrs , 2 minute silence was observed during the start of the Conference . Key note about the conference was presented by Lt General Philip Campos Former Vice COAS . Conference was inaugurated by His Excellency Shaida Mohamad Abdali Ambassdor of Afghanistan. Main topic of the session 1 , was "Global & Regional response to Terrorism"
Following Speakers made their presentation on during session 1
- Session Chair :Shashank ,former foreign secretary .
- Shaida Mohammad Abdali Ambassdar of Afganistan in India.
- Asaduddin Owaisi Member Parliament Loksabha & Chairman AIMIM.
- Lt Gen Rakesh Sharma ,former Adjutant General.
- Prof Rajesh Rajagopalan SIS,JNU.
- Capt Alok Bansal ,Director India Foundavon.
- Dr Prabha Rao ,Senior Fellow IDSA
- Ms Simi Anderson ,Execu ve Vice Chairperson IHRO.
"Combating Terrorism : Analysing the response"
Session 2 topic :"Comba ng Terrorism: Analysing the response".
Session Chair :Prakash Singh Former DGP BSF, UP ,Assam police.
- Vice Admiral Pradeep Kaushiva ,former Director Mari me Foundavon.
- Air Marshal Ramesh Rai , former Commander in Chief Training Command.
- Maulana Mahmood Madani , former Member Parliament & General Secretary Jamiat Ulama I Hind.
- Dr J S Sodhi Vice President & CIO Amity Educa on Group.
- Dr Pankaj Gupta E D ‐ OP Jindal Global UniversitySession‐3, Dated 26/11Topic for delibera ons during Session ‐3 was :‐ "Terrorism, Media & Governance"
Session Chair : Salman Haider former Foreign Secretary MEA.
Following Speakers made their presentation :
- Prakash Singh former DGP.
- Col D P K Pillay Research Fellow IDSA.
- Gaurav Sawant Execu ve Editor India Today Group.
Conference audience /delegates comprised of diplomats from Embassies of Iraq & Afganistan , Commandments from CISF, BSF,ITBP,CRPF, research scholars from IDSA, ORF, USI,JNU,NHRC, Senior o cers from MEA,MOD,MHA, SrJournalists from media ac tively participated in the conference . All speakers appreciated the role of GCTC as a platform by involving quality speakers & in‐depth discussion level as well as response from the conference delegates , a unique combination of university students,scholars from security studies,senior defence experts,diplomats etc who in their recent past were shouldering the responsibilies of framing policies for government of India.